Tuesday 3 May 2011

Injector testing

In this  test i was asked to gather four injectors.
the injectors that i had happened to only have two different types, although i had four injectors all together.



The injectors i used had special numbers on them:

injector 1 = 2040
injector 2 = 1970
injector 3 = 2040
injector 4 = 1970

I was asked to get the manufactures specifications for the resistances of these injectors, i did this by searching the serial number and brand of the injectors on "Google search"

These are the specifications i got:

injector 1 = 13.5 ohms
injector 2 = 13.8 ohms
injector 3 = 13.5 ohms
injector 4 = 13.8 ohms

Once i had the specifications for the injector resistances i then measured them myself to see if they were within specifications. i did this by setting my multimeter to the resistance mode and then placing my two prongs onto the two prongs of the injector, by doing this it will tell me the resistance between the windings on the injector.

these are my results:

injector 1 = 13.9 ohms
injector 2 = 14.0 ohms
injector 3 = 14.0 ohms
injector 4 = 13.9 ohms


I then checked if my injectors didnt have to much resistance in the windings, i do this by setting my multimeter to resistance mode and placed one of my prongs on one prong of the injector and my other prong on the other prongs of the injector,
the reading i should get should be around 14 ohms.



the next test i did was an earth leakage test, i did this by placing my prong on one of the injector prongs and the other prong on the body of the injector. if i get no reading there is no leakage to earth on those windings. you then change your prong to the other prong of the injector, if you also have no reading your wndings are in good condition and there is no leakage to earth.

i then wired up my injectors to see if they were working,
to do this i had a power supply of 5 volts and placed the negative on one of the prongs of the injector and the positive on the other prong of the injector, if they were working i would here a clicking noise, this means that the magnetic field was pulling the pin back and the spring was closing the pin when the magnetic field collapsed.

injector bench test:

for this test i placed my injectors into the test bench cleaner.




 http://www.12psdw.com/product/CNC-602A-Injector-Cleaner-&-Tester.html





the machine holds the injector open for a certain amount of time (in my case 15 seconds). a special cleaner then gets pumped threw the injectors and into the clear tube. the tube has marks on it which helps you see how full your tube gets.
all injectors should be the same amount because they all have the same specifications. if the injectors are not the same full amount, their must something wrong with the injector because it is not performing properly. generally the injector can get dirt caught in it and the flow gets restricted.
the injectors i tested were all the the same flow rate. once your injectors have closed after 15 seconds, you times that by four to get your per minute flow rate.

my injector flow rate was 192cc per minute flow rate.

i also had to check the flow pattern and all of my injector a had a good even cone shaped spray figure.
there was also no leakage threw my injectors when they were closed and under pressure.

all of my injectors were working fine and could be used in a engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment